Deciding on what college to go to after high school is one of the most difficult decisions you will make in life. There are so many factors that can go into your decision making. I have heard people make their choice based on the fact that a lot of their friends were going or that the school has really good athletics and a great party environment. Well when I was trying to decide on what school to go to I considered much more than that.
Before graduating high school I had looked at four colleges to attend: Central Michigan, Western Michigan, Albion College and GVSU. I decided to visit all four of the campuses to see if I liked the environment or not. Out of the four GVSU by far seemed to be the nicest campus with the best facilities.I immediately fell in love with the school after the visit.
I wanted to find out more about the school myself, so I researched a little. Not to my surprise I was very impressed by the credentials of the University. Here are the best reasons to attend GVSU:
- First and foremost, THE CAMPUS!!!
- GVSU is one of the most Green and sustainable Universities in the Country – Grand Valley State University has been named one of the country’s greenest colleges by Best Colleges, an online resource for prospective students. Learn more here.
- Average class size is 26. This allows you to have a more personal relationship with professors and get the attention you wouldn’t in large class lectures.
- 94% of Graduates are employeed
- 90% of students receive financial aid.
- Tuition is cheap compared to other schools in the state. Find out more here.
- GVSU has a rich history of athletics – 19 NCAA Division II National Championships and 15 straight years earning first or second in the Directors’ Cup. GVSU also holds the all-time winning percentage record for football out of all divisions.
I hope my personal blog helps you stay aware of important factors when selecting a college or university Go Lakers!